IFEA and Live Event Jobs
Current available jobs in Technical Services:
Responsible for construction, operation, teardown of all technical resources required for auction sites. Project leader to interact with telecommunication, data, and audio/video vendors to insure all technical requirements are met within the budget and time requirement. Determines infrastructure requirements and submits Purchase Orders for everything needed to support the project. Creates drawings using Visio to reflect placement of Security cameras, Documentation cameras, AV rack, Auction Server with data and voice equipment, Routers, Firewalls, Switches, Cat5e Cable, Cat3 Cable, Fiber Cable, WiFi equipment, and all junction/patch panels. Packs, unpacks and inventories all Information Technology equipment stored in special road cases. Provide answers on technical issues to supervisors, vendors and fellow employees. To insure high reliability of installed systems, keeps up-to-date on the latest technologies. Maintain internal systems and setup a standard maintenance schedule to be used while not at auction sites.
- Program system for all Moves, Adds, and Changes as required.
- Troubleshoot system problems and determine if outside help is required.
- Provide Cabling from PBX to individual Phone, Fax, and/or Card Reader where needed.
- Setup VoIP phones (SIP or H323) wherever needed. (local and remote)
- Specify telecommunications requirements for auction sites, and place order for F1B (analog phone lines), T1 Channel Bank(s), and T1 PRI line(s).
- Verify with vendor that all (feeds) are on time and are provided as specified.
- Review monthly telecommunications billing for accuracy.
- Report and coordinate repairs for telecommunications lines with vendor.
AV Engineer (Audio/Video)
- Coordinate installation with Auction Site Supervisor.
- Install block documentation camera system.
- Meet with A/V vendor for needed Audio and Video interface requirements.
- Operate Documentation equipment rack during Auction.
- Make copies of documented audio and video as requested.
Cable Engineer (data, voice, audio, and video)
- Install cable and Supervise helper(s) as needed to install cable.
- Troubleshoot and repair cable as necessary.
- Using test equipment, insure installed cable meets or exceeds manufactures specifications and that all connectors are good and installed correctly.
Special Equipment Operator (as needed)
- Operate Forklift, Boom Lift, and Scissor Lift at auction site where needed.
- Coordinate use with Auction Site Supervisor.
- Determine auction data requirements.
- Verify with Vendor that all data equipment will be on schedule and set up as agreed on.
- Place Auction Server Rack in designated location and hook up to power, data interfaces, and voice interfaces.
- Install and maintain UPS systems on key systems as required
- Place and hookup all switches at their designated locations.
- Place and hookup all printers at their designated locations
- Place and hookup all desktop computers and laptops.
- Insure adequate equipment is on hand or a Purchase Order is submitted to insure the project is fully supported.
- Assist other IT personnel as needed.
- Manage DNS infrastructure for the entire Barrett-Jackson Network
- Plan, modify, and redeploy Active Directory to better suit the dynamic nature of the Barrett-Jackson network.
- Administer the network including account creation, revocation, group membership, building and maintaining group policy logically and consistently.
- Support and maintain printers both local and network for all users.
- Optimize equipment utilization.
- Traverse and operate in a virtualized server environment which includes VMware and Citrix XenServer.
- Utilize and maintain existing Veeam and Zerto backup and replication software packages.
- Assist in the management of existing Exchange email infrastructure for multi-site access and ensure security through email.
- Assist in planning for and implementation of an upgraded, off-site Exchange infrastructure.
- Document, and maintain documentation of the Barrett-Jackson network including passwords, serial numbers, IP addresses, and any other reference material that may be required to setup the auction or add additional users.
- Assist in the management of current and new file server infrastructure.
- Maintain Antivirus infrastructure.
- Support implemented wireless network for any Barrett-Jackson location.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to travel and be away up to one month is required.
- Work overtime as needed
- Work under tight time constraints in a high pressure environment during auction events.
- Ability to work along with fellow employees, vendors and customers, and be a hands-on supervisor, self-starter, and project manager.
Education and/or Experience:
To perform this job successfully, qualified individuals must have a background and experience in cable structure and layout, including fiber, data (cat5e and cat6), analog cat3, video Siamese and coax cable as well as use of coax to cat5 converters. This person must be able to layout the entire infrastructure in an ever-changing environment and have a working knowledge of Visio. Successful candidate should have 3-10 years’ experience in at least two disciplines or more. They are Networking, Telecommunications, Audio Video, Project Management, and Cable Management. Past employment as an Information Technology Systems Engineer or employment history in at least two of the following disciplines: Telecommunications Engineer, Network Engineer, Network Administrator, Cable Technician or AV Technician.
- 5-7 years’ experience as a Systems Administrator or Engineer in a Microsoft Windows based environment
- Associate degree or greater in an Information Technology related field
- Proficiency with Active Directory, Exchange 2010, SQL Server, Windows (all versions), DNS, and DHCP.
- Deep understanding of VMware.
- Basic understanding of SAN infrastructure including HP 3PAR.
- Familiarity with switching HP equipment, and Aruba Wireless infrastructure.
- Application and desktop support requires a good understanding of Windows and an understanding of OS X will assist with interoperation issues.
- Experience in cable structure and layout, including fiber, data (cat5e and cat6), analog cat3, video Siamese and coax cable as well as use of coax to cat5 converters.
- Must be able to layout the entire infrastructure in an ever-changing environment and have a working knowledge of Visio
- Successful candidate should have 3-10 years’ experience in at least two disciplines or more: Networking, Telecommunications, Audio Video, Project Management, and Cable Management.
- Past employment as an Information Technology Systems Engineer or employment history in at least two of the following disciplines: Telecommunications Engineer, Network Engineer, Network Administrator, Cable Technician or AV Technician
Career schools also accepted. Certifications in any (IT) field would be a plus.
- ·Must be able to lift, carry and squat 50 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ