IFEA and Live Event Jobs
Current available jobs in Internship:
» Notification of Internships - Live Event Job Board (Various Locations, US)
» Development Assistant/Intern - Rose Bowl Operating Company (Pasadena, CA)
Hermes Sports & Events is seeking road racing interns for the fall semester.
Hermes was founded in 1981 and has built a reputation as Northeast Ohio's premier race and sport management company operating over 160 local and national running races. Travel opportunities may include working on the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure series in any of the following cities: Scranton, Milwaukee, Findlay, Toledo, Knoxville, or Athens.
Hermes also manages the Cleveland Corporate Challenge, a 14 sport competition among area businesses, and Hermes Sport & Social, which provides the highest quality sports leagues, tournaments and social events in the area.
September through December
This is a full time sports management internship 30+ hours per week.
Interns are expected to work during regular business hours as well as on the weekends (No exceptions)
In addition to earning your college credit, Hermes will pay you $300 per month
Internships are also available to gain valuable experience if no college credit is required
The internship offers experience in event, race, and competition management
Educated in sports specific software programs including Chronotrack RFID tag timing (State of the art computerized system used in Marquis event wordwide)
Majority of events are outdoors in various weather conditions
You must be able to lift items 20 lbs and more
Hermes Sports & Events is a proud finalist of the 2011 EXPY Awards, honoring Northeast Ohio companies best internship programs.
This is a great opportunity for making contacts and gaining experience in the marketing and sport management industry!
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Can you work weekends? Yes/No
2. Are you outgoing? Yes/No
3. Do you need this internship to graduate? Yes/No
By creating a profile here, you are not considered an applicant for any job. Rather, you can be notified of internships as they become posted matching the notification buttons you checked on this application form.
If you wish to update your information, go to "edit your information" at the top of this page, put in your email address and the password you used to create your profile
Reports To: Executive Director of Development and Program Coordinator
Compensation: Academic Credit/Hours; opportunity for payment as advancement occurs
Start Date/Duration: May 30, 2017 – December 15, 2017 (or longer if mutually-agreed upon)
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists in the coordination of all aspects of the Legacy Foundation, capital projects, the maintenance and stewardship of the annual fund campaign, and record management
- Assists in the creation and launch of the largest capital campaign in stadium history, which will include a museum experience - INSPIRE
- Stewardship management of a donor portfolio of 50-200 philanthropic supporters
- Coordination, solicitation and secondary oversight of the Rose Bowl Brick Campaign, including assisting with the marketing and social media campaigns surrounding the brick plaza
- Manage donor benefits and the creation of a stewardship/fulfillment process for all donations
- Assist in the creation of new ways to generate philanthropic revenues for the Foundation
- Work closely with the staff to build complete prospect profiles and maintain up-to-date files (including solicitation activity reports) for all prospects and donors.
- Grow prospect base through digital research of groups and people associated with the ideals of the Rose Bowl, Brookside Golf Club and the Arroyo, including but not limited to corporate foundations, Rose Bowl participants, Fortune 500 companies and more.
- Assist with Legacy’s new special events: Kickball Tournament, Gala
- Assists with the processing and preparation of philanthropic donations, tracking and paperwork
- Research and prepare materials for Board of Trustees prospects, meetings and initiatives
- Generate interest in Legacy Foundation programs and initiatives through event-day marketing and promotion in and around the stadium and its Premium seating areas
- Generate and manage database of all naming opportunities under control of the Legacy Foundation
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Current enrollment in Master’s Program focused in Sport Management, Business, Communications or Sales
- Must be able to work nights and weekends as dictated by schedules for UCLA Football, the Rose Bowl Game, and other events such as concerts and soccer matches
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional verbal, writing and editing skills
- Demonstrate the ability to anticipate and solve practical problems or resolve issues
- Office hours – 15-20 hours per week, at least 2 days per week
About the Rose Bowl Stadium:
It is an emotional connection that has spanned generations and has bonded families, friends, alumni and more around the globe. It is local. It is national and international. It is sports.
For almost a century, the Rose Bowl Stadium has stood the test of time and has become ingrained in the fabric the City of Pasadena, Southern California and in sports lexicon. Recognized locally as a community partner, and around the world for tradition and positively bearing the spotlight for world-class events and championship moments, the registered National Historic Landmark is truly America’s Stadium.
About the Rose Bowl Legacy Foundation:
The Rose Bowl Legacy Foundation is a 501(c)3 organization whose primary purpose is to financially ensure the appropriate honoring of a historic past, while building a premier future through making the venue and surrounding areas even more distinguished and iconic as America’s Stadium and a National Historic Landmark.
The Rose Bowl Stadium is in the midst of the largest, most comprehensive improvement project in its history – with capital projects totaling more than $25 million, including a museum/hall of fame, new golf center, recreation areas and stadium improvements. This renovation will provide new revenue sources to fund long-term developments in the stadium and the Arroyo, improve public safety, and modernize facility operations for future generations of athletes, fans and viewers – all while honoring its historic past and building a premier future.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ