IFEA and Live Event Jobs
Current available jobs in Internship:
» Notification of Internships - Live Event Job Board (Various Locations, US)
» International Sport Business Internship: Milan, Italy - Living Sport LLC (Milan, IT)
» Junior Pricing Analyst/Intern - Pricing/Data Analysis - Dynasty Sports & Entertainment (Boca Raton, FL)
» Marketing Intern - Rose Bowl Operating Company (Pasadena, CA)
From September 23 – October 1, 2017, the World Rowing Championships, an international Rowing Regatta organized by FISA (the International Rowing Federation), will be held at Nathan Benderson Park, in Sarasota Florida. This weeklong event is held at the end of the northern hemisphere summer and in non-Olympic years – it is the highlight of the international rowing calendar. Rowing takes place in 21 different boat classes for both Men and Women, apart from during Olympic years when only non-Olympic boat classes’ race. In the forty-eights years of the events existence, the United States has hosted only one world championship in 1994 at Indianapolis, IN. Twenty-three years later, Sarasota-Bradenton will represent the United States as the host of the 2017 World Rowing Championship. The goal is to attract athletes, family, friends, fans from around the world, and locally in the US, to attend this world-class event, and grow the following of rowing in the US.
As an Operations intern, you will:
- Assist with the planning of all event logistics (venue buildout, hotels, food & beverage, special events, etc.)
- Assist with creation and tracking of purchasing bid materials
- Aid in the recruitment, tracking and training of volunteers
- Assist with development of parking and transportation program
- Assist full-time staff with on-site event management/operations
Other duties include:
- Assisting full-time staff with day to day operations
- Aiding in the distribution of marketing and promotional materials
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Prior experience with event management/operations
- Able to follow directions and work independently
- Ability to work events that take place on nights and weekends
Due to the nature of the organization, our projects and events are rarely the same; the internship experience depends entirely on the current happenings of the planning of the 2017 World Rowing Championships.
Work Hours-The summer internship program requires a minimum of 40 hours per week. If the student is receiving college credit for the internship, the college or university will determine work hours for the student, up to 40 hours per week. The WRCH Staff is flexible in terms of exact work hours, however requires that a loose schedule be created in advance.
Term: July 10, 2017 - October 20, 2017
By creating a profile here, you are not considered an applicant for any job. Rather, you can be notified of internships as they become posted matching the notification buttons you checked on this application form.
If you wish to update your information, go to "edit your information" at the top of this page, put in your email address and the password you used to create your profile
International Sport Business Program – Milan, Italy
Monday, October 9th – Tuesday, October 17th, 2017
9 Days/8 Nights, Work Abroad Experience
Apply early as space is limited
Do you want to work in sports? Would you like to travel abroad? How about working an international sporting event? If you answered yes to those questions, Living Sport’s International Sport Business Program may be for you!
Living Sport's International Sport Business (ISB) Program was created to give passionate sport professionals, recent graduates, and current students an edge over the thousands of job seekers looking to score a gig in sports. Stemming from the popularity of edutainment experiences, Living Sport gives young adults the chance to receive international work experience and explore other countries through sport.
The ISB Program is led by industry professionals who have immense experience in the sport industry and mentoring young professionals. Program participants will interact with sports business professionals creating a lasting network that extends far beyond the program.
SHORT-TERM PROGRAM WITH BIG RESULTS: Our program extends 9 days/8 nights and includes a full itinerary to make the most of your time traveling abroad. Our short-term program was designed this way for a purpose. We believe it gives us enough time to accomplish what we set out to do, and creates a cost-effective program allowing all deserving participants to get involved.
PLACEMENT ON THE STAFF OF AN INTERNATIONAL SPORTING EVENT:
Secure a spot on the staff of the Red Hook Criterium, the fastest growing bike race in the world. Three days will be reserved to receive real, professional experience as our group will be responsible for key elements in execution of this international event. This experience can be a true resume booster and a large talking point in future interviews that can help you get your next big gig. Our group will be responsible for assembly of the race circuit, executing signage obligations for sponsors, overall event preparation, etc. Race day duties may include race course marshalling, race director’s assistant, merchandise sales, athlete registration, VIP area liaison, and other race logistics.
EXPLORE LOCAL SPORTS TEAMS & ATTRACTIONS:
Our program includes studying and touring the local area sports teams and stadiums in each city visited. Special accommodations will be developed specifically for our group giving us an incredible learning experience at each sport destination visited.
Included in Milan Itinerary:
- Tour of San Siro Stadium, home to AC Milan (soccer team)
- Tour the Autodromo Nazionale Monza, home to Formula One racing
- Visit to Mediolanum Forum, home to hockey, basketball, and concerts/events
GUIDED TOURS & ATTRACTIONS:
Experiencing the culture of each city we visit is a very important part of personal growth thus making it a staple in our program. Local group excursions will be included in the overall itinerary. You will experience tours of local landmarks, taste test local cuisine, and take in much of what each city is known for.
Included in Milan Tour Itinerary:
- Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, Navigili District Canals, Duomo Cathedral, Luini Panzerotti, La Scala/Milan Opera, the Last Supper and more!
SKILLS WORKSHOPS LED BY INDUSTRY PROFESSIONALS:
All group tours will be led by sport industry professionals. This allows us to conduct a Skills Workshop session lead by executives that have years of experience and are willing to pass their knowledge along to you. During the Skills Workshop, we will direct you on how to best list this experience on your resume, tips for an effective interview, best practices for a career in sports, etc. Having direct access to professionals gives you the chance to ask questions and develop a relationship with them all week-long.
SPORT INDUSTRY NETWORKING:
Networking is a key aspect of any business, but it especially stands true for the sport industry. During this program you will meet industry professionals and fellow participants that are the future of sport business. This is a true networking opportunity for you and a way to form important business relationships. A goal of the program, just like a sports team, is to create a comradery between participants and mentors, thus building lasting relationships far beyond this week-long adventure.
WHATS INCLUDED IN MILAN PROGRAM:
- All lodging accommodations
- Private coach bus services to and from airport
- Breakfast every morning and lunches/dinner provided during race
- One full-day tour of top Milan attractions with bilingual tour guide on private coach bus
- Sport business related tours & activities
- Placement on the staff of the Red Hook Crit International Bike Race
- Round-trip private bus shuttle to and from the Red Hook Crit
- Farewell group dinner celebration
- Three career building workshop sessions with industry professionals
- Individual travel insurance policy for each participant
- Complete itinerary is shared once accepted into the program
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- Flight Costs - Flight costs will be quoted separately or can be booked on your own
- You must connect with our flight out of JFK Airport in New York City
- Meals not listed above
- Tips for drivers and tour guides - you should plan to set aside $25 per person total
- Extra activities not listed under the cost section, and any activity during own leisure time
Think of this program as a sport business school, international travel experience, and a global work opportunity with networking all rolled into one. Think of it as an investment in your future career and life. Space is limited. Apply early to secure your spot.
Program Cost: $2,499 plus flight costs
This includes everything listed above under the “what is included in Milan” section. Hotel, tour admissions, bus transportation, many meals, travel insurance, etc. are all included in this cost!
SAMPLE PAYMENT SCHEDULE:
- A deposit of $500 is needed to secure your spot once you are accepted into the program
- A payment plan will be setup for the remainder of the cost
- Full program cost must be paid in full by mid-September
We wouldn't want the cost of this experience to defer anyone from participating. The cost associated with the International Sport Business Program can be funded in numerous ways. Read our fundraising page for additional information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Red Hook Crit):
- Outstanding personality and work ethic
- Must possess team player mentality, and must work well in groups
- Must be willing to work extended hours (outdoors) during the 3-day race event
- Must be willing to be hands on during event setup and breakdown & lift up to 25lbs.
- Fluency in the Italian and/or Spanish languages is a plus, but not required
Education and Experience:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must possess a college degree or be a current student working toward a degree
- Past experience working events in preferred
- A passion to work large sporting events
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
For additional Information visit our website at livingthroughsport.com
Who We Are
Dynasty Sports & Entertainment is the premier secondary market partner in the sport and live event space. We provide our partners with unmatched pricing and inventory strategies, a tailored data and analytics platform, and proprietary technology and tools to maximize revenue yield while broadening distribution.
Dynasty’s team of executives include seasoned primary and secondary market industry veterans that have extensive experience in crafting business plans. These business plans have successfully assisted our partners in achieving incremental revenue while protecting the team brand all while strengthening the core of their business – the season ticket member.
The South Florida based Dynasty is ideal for an applicant looking to be part of an energetic and flexible workplace that emphasizes teamwork and personal growth. The Dynasty team is looking for a Pricing Analyst to add to our roster of industry thought leaders while continuing to provide our partner teams and content right’s holders with best-in-class service and results.
Description of Position
The Junior Pricing Intern will work closely with our team of analysts, data scientists, inventory managers, and developers to monitor and price inventory with the goal of managing volume and increasing revenue to maximize yield. This position reports to a pricing manager and strategy lead, while also contributing to scheduled/ad-hoc reporting and tools/application development.
As a junior pricing intern you will be front and center in executing overall pricing and selling strategies while testing and refining tactical decisions autonomously.
The position will start as a 10-week internship program that can lead into a Full-Time position.
Description of Qualifications
Skills and Qualifications
• Proficiency in data analysis especially Microsoft Excel (formulas, pivot tables); Expertise preferred
• General knowledge of sports i.e. understanding impact of event context and applying to the role
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Power Point, Word required
• Experience evaluating, analyzing, and recommending pricing strategies preferred
• Must have outstanding work ethic and attention to detail
• Must be able to prioritize workload to manage time and tasks
• Must be able to work late hours and on weekends when mission-critical tasks arise
• Must be able to work collaboratively within a team – be a team player
DEPARTMENT: Rose Bowl Stadium Marketing
SUPERVISED BY: Director of Sales
DURATION: Fall Semester 2017
COMPENSATION: Non-paid/ Course credit only
The Marketing Intern will assist the Director of Sales in various aspects of the Rose Bowl Stadium event sales and operations.
- Aid with the sales efforts of stadium tours and events
- Edit and aid in the creation of marketing materials (i.e. brochures, flyers and social media images)
- Prepare supporting materials as requested
- Assist in developing the implementation, tracking and measurement of marketing campaigns
- Contribute ideas and suggest new initiatives or areas of improvement
- Provide assistance in developing internet presence, improving search rankings, developing a social media strategy and improving visibility over time
- Monitor stock levels for Marketing materials needed, in conjunction with the Sales Director, and coordinate with Marketing Coordinator who handles inventory, to order stock and manage any changes
- Assist Sales Department in the acquisition of minor events
- Aid sales team with prospecting including list management, room layouts and proposals
- Manage email distribution and mailing lists, including new subscribers, opt-outs and bounce backs
- Support the sales department on event day with client relations and private party operations
- Photograph and catalogue all events
- Ideal candidate will have an interest in event marketing for the sports/ entertainment industry with a background in hospitality, communications and graphic design
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Adobe Photoshop as well as social networking sites such as Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
- Knowledge of CRM databases, Salesforce and Social Tables a plus
- Must be creatively strong and a self starter
- Creative writer a plus
- Ability to contribute a minimum of 20 hours a week for at least 3 months
This internship is non-paid. Interns must receive college credit to be considered for this position. Interns are expected to be on time to work, be self-motivated, and able to handle multiple tasks with ease.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ