IFEA and Live Event Jobs
Current available jobs in Event Management:
» Logistic Coordinator - 500 Festival (Indianapolis, IN)
» Bidder Representative - Barrett-Jackson (Scottsdale, AZ)
» Temporary Auction Event Positions Available - Barrett-Jackson Auction Company (Scottsdale, AZ)
» Road Race Manager - Hermes Sports & Events, Inc. (Cleveland, OH)
Reports To: Delegations Services Manager
Terms: January 2nd - July 20th, 2018
Description: The Guest Services Coordinator will manage several projects for the USA Games including the Family Program and the Information Stations. This role will maintain positive working relationships with families, community partners, sponsors, and production teams from all organizations which the Games interacts and proactively manage expectations of stakeholders. Additional projects will be assigned as we get closer to the Games, needs increase, and time management allows.
Qualifications: Bachelor Degree in related area of study is preferred. Must be able to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment. Have an excitement to engage in customer service and problem solving. Excellent interpersonal, technological, social media, and communications skills required. Demonstrated capability to conduct one’s self in a calm and professional demeanor when dealing with the public and/or with difficult situations. Resourceful with the ability to work well with a diverse group of athletes, coaches, staff, volunteers, and various stakeholders. Due to the nature of the work schedule, work may need to be conducted some evenings and weekends.
- Family Program Management
- Serve as point of contact and lead for families o Lead the online family registration project
- Field questions & provide solutions
- Transportation & Orca Cards
- Manage operations at Family Lounges
- Tickets for the Opening Ceremony
- Credentials for Families
- Family Night at the Mariners leadership
- 4th of July Family Celebration
- Recognition and activation for athlete siblings
- Accommodations Support
- Manage the build out and distribution of digital family packets
- Manage volunteers at various Family Services Centers
- Work with Visit Seattle and local attractions to secure special offers and information for families
- Secure promotional benefits for the Games from partnering attractions, exhibits, experiences, etc. working in concert with the Marketing Manager
- Assist development team and serve as account manager for Family Program sponsorship partner
- Serve as point of contact and lead for families o Lead the online family registration project
- Information Station Lead
- Responsible for the successful and smooth operation of all Information Stations throughout the Games – (UW Fan Zone, SU, Westlake Center, Olympics Town, Federal Way, Kenmore Lanes, SPU, Willows Run, Angle Lake)
- Oversee the layout, design, and signage for each station
- Work with the Marketing Manager to create necessary collateral materials
- Develop and maintain a FAQs database
- Work with Volunteer Coordinator to staff and train volunteers for info stations
- Create plan for check-in, management, oversight, and materials replenishment during the Games
- Communications / Information Oversight and Management
- Serve as the primary information point of contact for incoming inquiries.
- Respond to the “info@” email account
- Check and distribute phone messages.
Work within program budget. Prepare post-event and post-Games reports providing thoughtful analysis of successes and critical reflection for future USA Games Organizing Committees.
Additional Traits and Attributes
- Aptitude for taking on difficult challenges with the ability to deal with conflict constructively
- Strong team player and collaborator
- Strong interpersonal and leadership abilities with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to multi-task and operate in a fast-paced environment
- Even-tempered with positive energy and sound judgment
- Proven skills building a diverse organization in thought, background, diversity, approach and insights, both with staff and volunteers
Salary: This is a full-time, temporary position without paid vacation or benefits.
Other: Position to work out of GOC headquarters in Seattle, WA. Expectation of working weekends and evenings, as needed. Anticipated term of employment is through July 20, 2018.
About the 2018 Special Olympics USA Games
In communities around the world, Special Olympics sports training and competition transforms the lives of people with intellectual disabilities. Through millions of acts of inclusion where people with and without intellectual disabilities are brought together through Special Olympics programs, longstanding myths are dispelled, negative attitudes changed, and new opportunities to embrace and celebrate the giftedness of people with intellectual disabilities are created.
Special Olympics began in 1968 when Eunice Kennedy Shriver organized the first International Special Olympics Games in Chicago, Illinois. Run at the highest level of professionalism and integrity, Special Olympics USA Games - a national sporting event – showcases the skill and courage of Special Olympics athletes. The 2018 Special Olympics USA Games will use the power and joy of sports as the catalyst for driving social change, changing perceptions, and creating more inclusive communities throughout the Seattle area and the United States, by educating and empowering volunteers, sponsors, businesses, spectators and general public to become agents for change long after the USA Games have concluded.
The USA Games (June 30 – July 7, 2018) will bring 3,500 athletes to compete in sports at the University of Washington, King County Aquatics Center and surrounding venues, while experiencing Seattle’s beauty and world-class attractions. 2018 also marks the 50th Anniversary of Special Olympics.
Special Olympics USA Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Logistics & Operations Coordinator, Spring 2018 (Seasonal / Entry Level)
Approximate hours: January-February = 20 hours per week, March = 30 hours per week, April = 50 hours per week, May = 60 hours per week
Flexible schedule needed
Hours vary from 16 hours per week to up to 70 hours per week.
Detailed schedule will be provided in interview.
January 22 – June 8, 2018
Supervisor: Glenn Amos, Sr. Program & Event Manager
The ideal candidate for this position should be a problem solver and be well organized with experience in event, tourism or sports management. This person should be able to work well with a diverse group of individuals and have a strong desire to be a team player. The candidate must be proactive and have a strong work ethic.
The candidate must also be flexible and willing to put in additional hours as needed prior to and especially during the month of May for all of the 500 Festival events. This would include the ability to work up to 14 hours per day and 80 hours per week during peak event times.
Job Specifications & Description:
Work closely with 500 Festival staff including the Event Manager of Mini-Marathon, Event Coordinators, Committee Members and Volunteers
Procure appropriate supplies from approved vendors in accordance with needs presented by staff and committee for 500 Festival events.
Organize and implement a plan for distribution and return of all equipment for the Mini-Marathon.
Serve as warehouse coordinator in relation to Mini-Marathon and all other 500 Festival activities and events (shipping and receiving; coordination of load-in and load-out schedules).
Responsible for maintaining a neat, clean and orderly warehouse
Develop project timelines and on-site event production schedules
Assist with general event logistics for the Mini-Marathon as needed.
Assist with logistics of the 500 Festival Miler Series (held in February, March, & April)
Serve as on-site logistics support for all Festival events.
Assist in other duties as assigned by Event Director, Event Manager, and Event Coordinator.
Complete other duties as assigned by 500 Festival staff
Ability to drive and operate a forklift, pallet jack and box truck
Festival is willing to give instruction
Must be able to lift at least 50lbs
Must be able to stand and sit for long periods of time
Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
Must be comfortable communicating with various individuals and groups ranging from volunteers to board members
Must have a working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office
Must be available to work longs hours including some holidays and weekends
Must have ability to work on projects individually and as a team
Event planning and/or logistics experience is a plus
College experience preferred, intern credit is available
The coordinator will earn $9.00 per hour
Approximate hours: January-February 20 hours per week, March 30 hours per week, April 50 hours per week, May 60 hours per week
No relocation or housing assistance is provided
Interviews will begin late October 2017 until position is filled
All offers will be extended no later than Friday, November 17, 2017
Start date of January 22, 2018
Assists the manager of the department of bidder operations, including but not limited to; overseeing the entire bidder application process, collecting and reconciling bidder fees, as well as assigning bid limits per company policy. Helps develop and produce all internal forms, assists in the development of company services to enhance bidder operations and the database, and maintains active correspondence with customers. Trains, monitors and manages the performance of additional staffing such as Bidder Registration Representatives.
- Respond to bidder department telephone, e-mail and fax inquiries, providing immediate assistance and fulfilling all customer requests and resolving any issues that may arise in a professional, courteous, and timely manner.
- Determine and maintain the numeric files of all registered bidders for each event as well as the bidder database in the company’s computer system.
- Coordinate and assist in the assembly and mailing of credential packets to those bidders who registered early and to make sure each packet is completed and mailed out on a case-by-case basis.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of customer information.
- Maintain accurate files and documents of registered bidders in numeric “paddle” order, thereby providing the Cashiering Department with immediate access to files in order to expedite completion of sales(s) during and after live auctions and events.
- Ensure proper complimentary bidder registration of consignors and previous buyers and the mailing of their bidder credentials.
- During auction events, handle any and all issues/problems that may arise relating to the Bidder Department or the company in a professional, courteous manner so that the customer becomes a satisfied, repeat bidder/consignor.
- Ensure that all documents and supplies needed for the auction are properly secured and packed for transport.
- Work “front lines” of onsite bidder registration and be the first communication to address customer requests and/or concerns.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience
Demonstrate knowledge of auctions and the bidder registration process.
Ability to maintain confidential information
Excellent customer relations, time management, training abilities, organization, and verbal and written communication skills are necessary
Ability to multi-task and interface with other departments and staff
Proficient with PC skill and including MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
Willing to travel as needed
Ability to work non-traditional hours
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position pays $18.00/ per hour
Barrett-Jackson is always looking for help at their four auctions around the country! Please submit your resume if you live in the vacinity of the auctions. Positions we hire for:
- Bidder/Office Registration
- Guest Services Greeters
- Event Labor Operations
- Sponsorship Move in/out
- Brand Ambassadors
These are event only based positions. Please inquire!
Salary Range ($28,000 - $35,000)
Hermes Sports & Events is searching for a Race Project Manager to join our management team. This position is responsible for the planning and execution of 25 - 35 of the Road Races that Hermes Sports & Events produces throughout the year. This position requires a high degree of communication skills, written and verbal, and the ability to communicate effectively with our staff and clients. Candidates must be resourceful and organized, have exceptional customer service skills, strong supervisory and leadership abilities, and effective decision making and problem solving capabilities.
Position Responsibilities (Include but are not limited to)
- Acquire event permits
- Design site layouts
- Scheduling event staff
- Volunteer coordination
- Manage event set up and tear down
- Maintenance and control of equipment and supplies
- Managing event budgets
- Develop marketing strategies, oversee and execute the distribution of all marketing materials
- Build relationships with existing and potential clients and sponsors
- Must be able to work on weekends
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in management, administration or recreation preferred or equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Highly organized and experienced in multi-tasking
- Knowledge of core sport of running
- Passion for events
- Available to work normal daily business hours plus weekend hours. Some out of state race travel necessary
- Proficient computer skills including Word, Outlook and Excel and familiar with FTP and HTML Editor
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Can you work weekends? Yes/No
2. Do you have event management experience? Yes/No
3. Do you prefer to work independently or in a team setting?
4. I am willing to work on Holidays since many races are held on these popular dates. Yes/No
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ