IFEA and Live Event Jobs
Current available jobs in Communications/Community Relations:
» Director of Merchandise and Community Relations - Macon Baseball (Macon, GA)
» Social Media Coordinator MUST be fluent in English and Spanish - Primetime Sports (Los Angeles, CA)
The Social Media & Digital Media Strategist will work to develop and implement a comprehensive social media strategy to increase our web traffic and our brand awareness. The Social Media & Digital Media Strategist will prepare reports and monitor analytics weekly. They will need to stay informed of the latest technology and work across departments to ensure that the social media and digital strategy fits within company goals.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Design social media strategies and lead digital initiatives to achieve marketing targets
- Work with marketing team to maintain and enhance brand voices for the Barrett-Jackson social media channels. Maintain consistent communications practices across all channels.
- Keep a forward focus on trends. Adapt, adopt and recommend new technologies and emerging social platforms that enhance the organization's touch points with fans and consumers.
- Collaborate with internal creative teams to develop tools to support social media initiatives.
- Work with marketing, public relations, sales and IT team to ensure proper messaging is being distributed online.
- Ensure Barrett-Jackson Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google Plus, Pinterest, Youtube and other social channels are relevant to the target market.
- Monitor, respond and track discussion topics on all social channels and actively used forums.
- Facilitate client-company communication (respond to queries, get reviews and work with sponsorship to fulfil sponsor obligations).
- Work with team members and agencies to upgrade sites to be at the forefront of web technology.
- Serve as coordinator for website updates and constantly monitor to ensure consistency
- Communicate with industry professionals via social media to create a strong network
- Train internal teams to integrate and maintain a cohesive social media strategy
- Stay up-to-date with new digital technologies and social media best practices
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Proven work experience as a Social media strategist or Social media manager.
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines and juggle several assignments simultaneously
- Up-to-date knowledge of social media trends (blogs, social bookmarking, social networking, social news, video/photo streaming, podcasting, etc.) and online best practices
- Experience in an event environment preferred
- strong organizational skills required
- Effective time management, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills required
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to work with high demands and expectations (including long work hours during peak times of the Company’s business and ability to travel to Company auction or Grassroots events
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member, while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving
- Bachelor’s degree required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
Macon, GA has made a bold move to bring baseball back to historic Luther Williams Field. The team will be in the Coastal Plain League, one of the top leagues in the country in summer collegiate baseball. The team will start playing in June 2018.
Steve DeLay and Jon Spoelstra, two sports industry veterans with more than 60 years of experience between them will own and operate the team. Steve and Jon have operated teams all over the country in the NBA, NHL, Major League Baseball and minor league baseball. They’ve written books on ticket sales that are used by hundreds of teams around the country. Steve and Jon are bringing their expertise to Macon to make sure the new Macon baseball team will be a resounding success. Todd Pund, an industry veteran himself has been hired to be the team president.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE THAT WANTS TO BECOME A SUPERSTAR IN A UNIQUE ROLE
We plan on announcing a tremendously creative name and logo for Macon’s new baseball team. We expect the team to sell merchandise all over the country. That’s why we are looking for a person with a unique set of skills to be our Director of Merchandise and Community Relations. It’s a unique combination of responsibilities that takes some unique skills.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
The key focus will be merchandise sales. Ordering, pricing, managing inventory, setting up and maximizing inventory in our team store. We’ll also be looking for you to branch out our distribution channels to other stores locally and regionally and make us the most successful minor league team in the country in merchandise sales. You’ll have your own line of business and the ability to make decisions on how to maximize sales.
On the community relations side, the right candidate also has to be able work well in the community to help us set up our Speaker’s Bureau, get our mascot out and involved in the community and help us work with host families and other community initiatives.
Do you have 1-3 years of experience in retail sales management? We want someone who has made merchandise buying decisions, knows how to set up a store to maximize sales, handles inventory and generally can take our merchandise sales leaps and bounds past any other team in minor league baseball.
You won’t make crazy money working for Macon’s new baseball team but you’ll have a lot of fun doing it. It’s the perfect starting point for a young person wanting a career in sports or someone looking for an entirely different excitement in going to work. The starting salary is in the mid-20’s with bonuses that could pay you another $3000-$7000. There are health benefits as well. If you’re interested, apply here with your resume and a dazzling cover letter on why you should be hired.
The Social Media Coordinator will execute the social media strategy for the company in order to attract, engage and grow the client base. Coordinator will help develop, manage, edit and post content to the brand’s social and digital channels (including, but not limited to, social networks, email, website and blog), track and report on progress and engagement in all social channels to management. The Social Media Coordinator will assist the marketing team in developing a monthly/quarterly strategy based on goals set forth.
· Bachelor’s degree preferably in Marketing or experience in related field.
· 2-3 years of experience in the field.
· Fluent in English and Spanish (excellent written and verbal skills)
- Passionate for entertainment, music and sport content
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Keynote, Photoshop and basic internet tools
- Adaptable, committed, punctual and kind (attitudes best left at the door).
Knowledge and Skills:
· Develop innovative and creative media content across social media platforms in line with brand and long term goals
· Implement digital campaigns as needed
· Accelerate rapid growth of social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter and YouTube
· Report to Marketing manager and collaborate with graphic designers and webmasters to ensure a cohesive social media identity
· Stay up to date on marketing and industry trends
· Maintain and track all social media platforms to ensure maximum visibility and increase brand recognition
· Deliver monthly reports with statistics and results for each account
· Additional duties as assigned
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ