IFEA and Live Event Jobs
Current available jobs in Accounting and Finance:
» Office Accountant and Database Manager - International Festivals & Events Association – World Headquarters (Boise, ID)
» Staff Accountant (Sections) - PGA of America (Palm Beach Gardens, FL)
Who We Are
Dynasty Sports & Entertainment is the premier secondary market partner in the sport and live event space. We provide our partners with unmatched pricing and inventory strategies, a fully customizable data experience, and proprietary technology and tools to maximize revenue yield while broadening distribution.
Dynasty’s team of executives include seasoned primary and secondary market industry veterans that have extensive experience in crafting business plans. These business plans have successfully assisted our partners in achieving incremental revenue while protecting the team brand all while strengthening the core of their business – the season ticket member.
The South Florida based Dynasty is ideal for an applicant looking to be part of an energetic and flexible workplace that emphasizes teamwork and personal growth. The Dynasty team is looking for a Business Analyst to add to our roster of industry thought leaders while continuing to provide our partner teams and content right’s holders with best-in-class service and results.
The Business Analyst will work closely with our team of business development leads, data scientists, inventory managers, and developers on all items data related. Working with various departments, the Business Analyst will be integral in supporting Dynasty’s data-driven efforts.
If you’ve ever sold a ticket on the secondary market and have an interest in financial markets, our approach and philosophy will echo a commoditization of the secondary market in which Dynasty plays the role of market maker. As a Business Analyst you will be front and center in supporting the research and strategy of each ticket’s sales cycle.
- Assist business development research efforts in optimizing inventory acquisition analysis and models
- Venue mapping and seating categorization
- Work closely with partnership account managers to identify trends and opportunities to relay to partners
- Using large historical and current data sets, create short-term and long-term business plans for buying, distributing, and pricing inventory
- Supplement business intelligence and application development staff to continually enhance current tools (dashboard maintenance and enhancements) and technology product offerings
- Complete ad-hoc projects, analysis, and other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Proficiency in data analysis especially Microsoft Excel (advanced formulas, pivot tables); Expertise preferred
- General knowledge of sports i.e. understanding impact of event context and applying to the role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Power Point, Word required
- Experience with SQL Server, Microsoft Power BI, R, or Tableau a plus
- Must have outstanding work ethic and attention to detail
- Must be able to prioritize workload to manage time and tasks
- Must be able to work late hours and on weekends when mission-critical tasks arise
- Must be able to work collaboratively within a team – be a team player
- Prior ticketing experience a plus not a requirement
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Please respond by sending (via email or post)
- A cover letter explaining why you see yourself as a fit for this position within this industry
- A current resume detailing your experience
- A list of recent references
Position: Director of Finance and Data Management
Position Type: Full-Time
Salary: $28,000 - $40,000 per year (Commensurate with experience. Insurance benefits provided.)
ABOUT THE IFEA:
The International Festivals & Events Association is 'The Premier Association Supporting and Enabling Festival & Event Professionals Worldwide.' With a target audience that includes all those who produce and support quality celebrations for the benefit of their respective "communities", the IFEA's primary focus is identifying and providing access to the professional resources and networks that will, as stated in our mission, inspire and enable those in our industry to realize their dreams, build community and sustain success through celebration. The IFEA enjoys the active support of some 3000 Members, including all event categories, budget and attendance levels, who represent the very best of our industry.
The position oversees two key function areas: Accounting and Data Management
Office Accounting Responsibilities include:
- Proficient with QuickBooks
- All bookkeeping functions, including: maintenance of the General Ledger; accounts payable; accounts receivable
- Manage cash flow and make bank deposits
- Reconcile all bank accounts
- Track donor contributions and send tax letters
- Make applicable monthly journal entries to ensure that organization and foundation G/L’s are in balance with the other
- Create monthly financial statements for the CEO and Boards
- Work with CPA’s and prepare all supporting documentation for annual audit/review and tax returns
- Oversight of Payroll Process working with Intuit Full Service
- Track and research HR benefits – insurance coverage; flexible spending accounts; vacation time etc.
- Track levels and purchase, as necessary, all office supplies
- Maintain and track purchase and delivery of online products and services
- Support IFEA Foundation with financial transaction assistance as they relate to annual fundraising auction
- Ensure that database records match with financial records
Database Management responsibilities include:
- Entering and updating all Association Member and Non-Member contact information in Database (Using ACCESS) - keeping them current and up to date (About 3000 Members / 10,000 Non-Member Contacts)
- Ensuring that database and financial records balance/match for all association programs
- Ensuring that all data is easily usable by other department staff
- Generating data reports for member/non-member data for other department staff's use
Support of other departments/functions/organizational programs throughout the year is expected by all employees. Additional areas of responsibilities may be defined and assigned as needed, interest and realistic capabilities allow.
Position also requires working on-site at Association’s Annual Convention once a year for a duration of 8 days. Convention typically held within North America in September or October.
With a small on-site staff, the organization is a 501(c)6 not for profit organization with a 501(c)3 Foundation that offers a friendly and flexible working environment for the candidate willing to come on-board as a full team player. We offer the right candidate an ideal position to showcase their skills and passion, while also growing through new experiences.
Position reports to the President & CEO and Vice President of the organization.
Relocation expenses are not provided.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance preferred
- 3-5 years of financial, administrative and accounting management experience
- Knowledge of accounting principles (GAAP) accounting rules
- Proficient with QuickBooks
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft ACCESS Program
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Computer and analytical thinking skills
- Works well in a team environment to achieve common objectives.
Analyzes and maintains a complete and accurate general ledger; prepares managerial and financial reports for Section offices. Responsibilities also include reviewing account classification on expenditures, account analysis and reconciliation, budget variance analysis and month-end reporting.
RESPONSIBILITIES (Specific areas of responsibility include but are not limited to):
- Prepare Financial Statements.
- Review Financial Statements with Section Executive Director.
- Work with accounts payable and accounts receivable to ensure processing is timely and accurate.
- Prepare bank and general ledger reconciliations.
- Perform month-end closings.
- Track fixed assets and prepare depreciation schedules.
- Train the Section’s staff on accounting policies and procedures.
- Work with Sections in the development of budgets.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree: (B.A.) in Accounting.
- Two years of experience in Accounting, with GL experience required.
- Oracle Financials experience strongly preferred. Certified Public Accountant preferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Must have knowledge of accounting processes and procedures (GAAP) and process flows, along with month end close procedures.
- Must have knowledge of Financial Information Systems.
- Must have the ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedural manuals.
- Must have knowledge of calculating figures and amounts.
- A demonstrated understanding of MS office with an emphasis in Word, Excel and database tools.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Some travel required.
The PGA of America is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. DFWP.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ