IFEA and Live Event Jobs
Current available jobs in Accounting and Finance:
Multipurpose Arena Fort Worth (MAFW) is a not for profit organization that will operate the new Dickies Arena located adjacent to the Will Rogers Campus. The Director of Finance position develops and will be responsible for the financial well-being of the arena organization by providing: financial projections and accounting services, preparing growth plans, setting up sound policies and procedures, and working with the operational leaders to develop clear plans related to all aspects of the business including the event business, assisting in partnerships with promoters and vendors, and assisting in oversight of all departments of the organization.
- Overall financial reporting of company results, cost control, and the safeguard of company assets.
- Management of finance team.
- Ensure integrity of the financial statements for both internal and external reporting.
- Oversee proper reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
- Monitor and analyze operating results against budget to pinpoint opportunities for improvement, and prepare variance explanations.
- Oversee all aspects of the finance team including but not limited to payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and banking.
- Develop and maintain procedures for capital expenditure and project management.
- Develop yearly budget for overall company.
- Develop Long range planning for overall company with growth strategies.
- Analyze contract terms and financial impact of deals.
- Assure that all aspects of the company general accounting is in compliance with GAAP and accounting policies and that the appropriate systems of internal controls are in place.
- Monitor emerging technology to ensure efficiencies in relation to the financial reporting of the organization.
- Ensure all tax requirements are met in relation to local, state and federal regulations.
- Oversee and responsible for the annual audit and communication with external audit team, audit reporting and audit results.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting/Finance from accredited college/university required.
- Minimum 10+ years experience in industry and/or public accounting or other similar work environment
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required.
- Ability to collaborate with all levels of management
- Superior excel/reporting writing skills
- Experience managing finance teams
- Ability to make sound business/operations decisions quickly and under pressure
- Experience with Accounting software
- Ability to perform human resources duties in the interim
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast paced environment
- Preferred 5+ years of arena industry experience.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ